To manage the effective administration and implementation of the procurement process covering all goods and services required for the optimum efficiency of the company's operations and finances. The role is a strategic position to ensure procurement strategies, continuous improvement and "Responsible Procurement" plus ethical and environmental objectives are achieved in the most cost-effective manner.
- Implement professional, efficient and cost-effective procurement strategies and processes to achieve GBS's strategic goals.
- Define, develop and implement appropriate sourcing categories addressing the company's evolving and expanding operations and needs.
- Recommend and seek the Resource Committee's approval of purchasing authority financial limits and formal processes for high value and strategic contracts.
- Undertake the full tender and due diligence process including commercial evaluation and appraisals of potential suppliers.
- Establish and implement standard form IT-based contracts for recurrent expenditures
- Manage and monitor all procurement contracts, to ensure accurate comprehensive information is analysed and recorded.
- Define and assess key performance indicators and adherence to service level agreements.
- Implement formal monthly reporting and analyses to Head of Finance and prior to Resource Committee meetings.
- Build a business continuity management programme to address all foreseeable challenges to conventional steady-state operations.
- Cooperate effectively with Senior Management and all team members to assure seamless operational efficiency
- Proven substantial experience in a procurement function in either a public sector or commercial environment covering a broad spectrum of business requirements.Self-motivated and conscientious individual with commercial acumen and adherence to customer service excellence.
- IT, managerial, organisational, interpersonal and communication skills alongside having the highest levels of professionalism and ethical behaviour.
- Self-starter displaying initiative combined with aptitude for team working to deliver optimum outcomes and solutions.
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent relevant qualification and ideally be a member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (MCIPS), or equivalent.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.