HGV Driver / Class 1
- Full Time
HGV Driver / Class 1
Approx £40,000 per annum (dependent on hours / shift worked)
Tramping Shifts available: 4 on 4 off, Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday or Sunday to Thursday
We are growing our team of drivers and are looking for a highly motivated and qualified individual to join our team as a Class 1 HGV Driver.
Explore Plant and Transport Solutions is one of the fastest growing haulage and plant hire businesses in the UK, with experience in a range of industries such as construction, aerospace, rail and supply chain logistics. This job role will give you the chance to work on a series of high-profile projects up and down the UK across a variety of industries, with opportunities to further your career development by partaking in our in-house training programs.
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security
- Uphold legal compliance for road transport legislation.
- Supervise the loading of the vehicle so that products are safely loaded and secured to minimise chances of damage.
- Ensure that the load is correct against the customers’ orders.
- Ensure that on arrival the delivery is safe to make and respect customer’s property; if in doubt, consult with customer and/or Transport Planner
- Check goods off with Customers and obtain signature and print.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Full UK Driving licence
- Class 1 Licence
- Current CPC
- Driver Qualification Card
- Flatbed experience
- Be able to work in an unsupervised environment
- Flexible approach
- Have a responsible attitude
- Be knowledgeable, have experience of and be comfortable with London driving
- Would benefit from previous flat-bed experience and load security
- A good level of understanding and comprehension of the English Language / Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- In-house DCPC services
- Ongoing, fully-funded training and development courses/programs
- Company medical scheme
- Ongoing training and development
- Pension scheme
If you want to grow with a rapidly expanding, industry leading company within the specialist plant and transport industry, then this could be the opportunity for you!
This is a full time, permanent position subject to a successful probationary period.
Please be advised we reserve the right to close the advert early.