Graduate Teaching Assistant
Graduate Opportunity - Teaching Assistant - LSA - Mentor - Aspiring Teacher - Guildford
Are you a graduate with an interest in working with students who have a range of learning and behavioural needs?
If so, then we can help to kick start your career by supporting you with finding paid work experience in a special school setting in teh Guildford area.
This is an ideal opportunity for an aspiring teacher, youth worker or behaviour mentor that is keen to gain valuable work experience following your graduation. This is an excellent career development opportunity for a graduate in search of quality, first-hand experience in a specialist school environment. You will have the opportunity to work with SEMH needs. Autism and students with complex needs that will also require support with personal care.
- Graduate Learner Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Behaviour Mentor, Teacher
- GBP65 to GBP75 daily rate (5-day week - 30am to 3.30pm)
- Special needs schools and mainstream settings with specialist provision (SEMH, ASC, EBD, PMLD, SLD)
- Full time and part time roles, flexible working hours and short and long term contracts
- Start as soon as possible or in September
What is involved:
- Providing assistance and supervision for children's behaviour during the school day
- Assisting children to understand and participate in class
- Assisting with note taking while supporting literacy and numeracy
- Working with a class, a small group or individual learners
- Encouraging the development of social skills and supporting students' individual needs
- Helping to build confidence and motivation
- Participating in team meetings and training programmes as an active member of a team
- Maintaining progress records
- Supporting regulations pertaining to safeguarding
What is required:
- An Undergraduate Degree, ideally in a relevant subject such as Psychology or Criminology
- Experience working with children is highly desirable
- Good general education levels in English and Maths - A Levels are preferable
- A co-operative working style and practical approach to solving problems
- Good interpersonal and communication skill and a caring attitude
- Flexibility in terms of working patterns
Contact Ben Mason on , to find out if this is the role with that you have been searching for.
Academics Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants will be required to hold or undertake an Enhanced DBS check and be fully vetted.