- Full Time
Dudley Building Society believes in powering the lives of our members, and no role understands the needs of our Borrowers more than our Mortgage Underwriters. We are a specialist lender, which means that every single case is assessed by a human being who makes appropriate lending decisions in line with our polices and frameworks. It is this specialist approach that allows us to continue to offer solutions to our Borrowers who are underserved by high street providers.
As a mutual, we are committed to continuing to offer more borrowers mortgage solutions and have seen significant growth over the last five years. This commitment to growth has resulted in an exciting new opportunity for a Mortgage Underwriter to join our team! In addition to making sound lending decisions, you will work with our Intermediaries and support the wider team with mortgage enquiries, providing a passionate and personal level of service as you go!
As a lender with a passion for serving underserved markets, we currently have products across a variety of different markets, including Buy to Let, Ex-Pat, Self-Build, Shared Ownership and Right to Buy. Whilst no two cases are the same, it will be helpful if you've seen a variety of different lending types in your career and taken a manual approach to underwriting them. In addition to specialist underwriting experience, you will be able to:
- Maintain a pipeline of applications through to offer
- Communicate decisions and rationale in a clear and assertive manner
- Make timely lending decisions within expected SLA's
- Take ownership of own case load and manage priorities accordingly
- CeMap qualified
In return for providing a passionate and specialist service to our future members and intermediaries, we offer:
- Salary of between GBP25,000 and GBP35,000 depending on level of mandate held. Full training opportunities are offered to all of the team to continue to develop mandate levels.
- Basic holiday of 25 days + Bank holidays + Moments that matter days (Think birthdays, weddings + time off for getting the keys to a new house or welcoming a grandchild!)
- Pension contribution of up to 8% of salary
- Life assurance 4x salary
- Full Private Medical Insurance
- Healthcare plan covering some of those day to day health bills like your dental and optical bills
- And that's not all!
We're one of the best companies to work for in the UK, and there's a reason for that. Check out our careers page for more information about what it's like to join the Dudley team!