Our client is urgently looking for an experienced UX Designer to join their team based near Oxford, on a contract basis, initially for 6 months with a view to extend. The assignment is Inside IR35. The UX Designer will work remotely, with some travel to the office required on occasion.
UX Designer - Key Skills:
- Experience participating in and preparing discovery workshops
- Experience translating customer needs into solution concepts and articulating these through workflows, wireframes and possibly prototypes
- Experience translating wireframes into more detailed interface designs
- You have a passion for well-crafted user experiences
- You enjoy solving problems and taking on new challenges, using a mix of creative and analytical methods
- You are a strong collaborator with a sense of responsibility for the team's collective success
- You are a seasoned UX Designer - this isn't a good fit for someone just out of school or in the process of transitioning into UX Design
- You think on your feet, like to learn, and can learn quickly
- Contributing to (and depending on experience, leading) the UX of complex projects through from Discovery to Delivery, including everything in between
- Participating in and sometimes leading research to help you and your team generate understanding and empathy for your users and their needs
- Reviewing requirements gathered from client stakeholders and subject matter experts, and exploring how these can be translated into compelling design concepts
- Planning and facilitating workshops to help you, your team, and customers discover needs, set project direction, and ideate solutions
- Crafting experiences that go beyond good design into delighting users
- Communicating your designs both internally to team members, and to stakeholders, not only through sketches, wireframes and mockups, but also verbally and in workshops
- Testing designs with users
- Helping non-UX professionals to understand the value of UX and adopt UX practices - we believe the experience is a shared responsibility and want to take the whole team on the journey
- Drawing upon existing design standards and pattern libraries, as well as identifying opportunities to expand them where necessary
- Thinking about Information Architecture and how best to expose only what is necessary to the end user through simple UI and Interaction
- Hands-on experience working in an Enterprise environment
- Experience using Sketch.
- Ability to create clickable prototypes of your design concepts, either in code or using tools such as Omnigraffle, Axure, Figma and Principle.
- Working in an agile environment.
- Successful experience in more complex fields such as healthcare, finance, enterprise, etc.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website