IT Infrastructure manager
IT Infrastructure Manager - Circa GBP60,000 - Milton Keynes
An exciting opportunity has landed for a IT Infrastructure Manager to join a global leader in engagement solutions. The IT Infrastructure Manager is responsible to ensure that our technical infrastructure is robust, secure, well-designed, and available. The role is key to ensuring that our employees are able to work and that our clients, and their employees, are able to access their applications from wherever in the world they are based.
To include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Leadership and management of the desktop and infrastructure support teams, including recruitment, performance reviews, objective setting, training and development.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the IT infrastructure including VMWare hosting, storage, networks, Windows and Linux Servers, virtual desktop infrastructure and telephony.
- Identify gaps in IT provision and recommend solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Work with the CTO to develop and execute the UK infrastructure strategy and roadmap.
- Management of infrastructure projects including upgrades, migrations, new system implementations.
- Collaboration with global IT offices for support of infrastructure hosted in region.
- Ensure appropriate levels of design and configuration documentation are created and maintained.
- Work with the development teams to maintain availability of client web applications and databases.
- Ownership of infrastructure incident management processes including reporting, investigation, root cause analysis and remediation activities.
- Maintain awareness of current security threats and ensure all systems are appropriately hardened against these threats.
- Work with the Data Protection Manager to ensure we maintain ISO27001 compliance. Creating and updating processes and procedures to manage and reduce information security risk.