Lead Cyber Security Engineer
Lead Cyber Security Engineer
GBP60k + great benefits
Inc. Bonus + Excellent Share Options/Scheme + Non-contributory pension amongst other fantastic benefits - Working nr Swindon, in beautiful modern offices with parking and an environment that provides an excellent working environment!
Based near Swindon (currently working remotely but with a view to come back to the office on a hybrid work/remote model), with onsite parking available, our market leading client are looking for a Lead Cyber Security Engineerto join their team.
You will be playing a vital role in shaping and delivering cyber security through leading engineering projects, managing the existing tools and developing new capability. Joining an exciting and growing area, you will be instrumental in supporting the operational security capabilities of the Cyber Security Team.
Leading on new security deployments, as well as being responsible for managing the existing tools and capabilities, working closely with the operational teams to manage upgrades, on-going maintenance, and integration with other tools.
You will need strong technical knowledge and ability to adapt and learn new technologies, along with the ability to articulate business impact of security issues and value of new security tooling.
Technical Knowledge & Qualifications wishlist:
- Experience working with one or more of the major (AWS/Azure/GCP) cloud environments, and deployment of the relevant security technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of SIEM and Data Analytics Platforms, from data ingestion through to management of the platforms and performance monitoring.
- Strong working knowledge of the foundations of IT systems management, from Windows domain functions though to TCP/IP, OSI Model, DNS, DHCP, Routing, Load Balancing and VPNs.
- Python & Windows Scripting Experience, ability to use Scripting languages to automate specific tasks and assist with system integration
- Infrastructure as Code and principles of integrated software deployment, from container security and integration of automated security into the deployment life cycle.
- Experience using (deploying/managing) vulnerability management platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree or UK Level 6 Qualification in Computer Security
- Cloud Certifications (AWS Preferable)
- SIEM Product Certification (Splunk Preferable)
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a 10% non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, life assurance, a share incentive plan, annual bonus scheme and bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
Please call me for more information or just for an initial discussion.
You can get me today or email me on (see below)
Recruitment Partnership are acting as an employment agency for the purposes of this vacancy