IT Procurement Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for IT Procurement Manager to join our Procurement Function, based here at Support Centre in Dunstable.
You will be reasonable and accountable for the sourcing of IS services for PI &R and Whitbread Group requirements, total annual IS BAU spend cGBP30m p.a., plus project spend of cGBP10m p.a. in network and hardware category, deliver business critical projects within IT pipeline and work together with Software Procurement Manager to build a strong software category strategy . Working with stakeholders to create and implement strategies and to identify suppliers to deliver against specific objectives. Managing cost, build a category plan, quality and performance across the supply base and working with stakeholders
Inside the role:
- Responsible for the application of best practice procurement across the breadth & depth of the category including provision of market insight,
- Development of category strategies & associated sourcing plans, tendering, negotiation and supplier management.
- Maintenance of a rolling 12 month sourcing plan for IS covering planned stakeholder initiatives, Procurement initiatives, contract renewals etc
- Development of documented (3 year) category strategy plans in collaboration with senior stakeholders.
- Tender evaluation including commercial analysis, product/service evaluation, vendor capability evaluation etc.
- Negotiation to maximise savings and/or optimise price / quality / service / risk / SLAs & KPIs.
- Identification of key suppliers across the category and establishment of appropriate supplier management activities to oversee supplier performance against SLA / KPI's and provide a forum for ongoing supplier development and improvement.
- Lead regular supplier review meetings including Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers.
- Develop and manages contracts with suppliers to meet key performance indicators and agreed targets, taking account of information security of third parties. Is responsible for the liaison between the organisation and designated supplier(s).
- Develop strong personal relationships with appropriate stakeholders and senior Executives across the business.
- Proactive management role within team ensuring that individual work plans & priorities are aligned at all times with the overall objectives & priorities of the department
- Deliver outstanding customer service to key stakeholder
Open to you:
- Strong Procurement experience and knowledge managing IT services categories
- Experienced in a broad range of sourcing strategies to underpin the IT category
- Previous experience of strategy development and implementation
- CIPS qualified (beneficial although not essential)
- Outstanding communication and able to influence at a senior level
- Strong Relationship management both with internal customers, stakeholders & suppliers
- Procurement execution including business requirements and market analysis, tender negotiation and contract award
- Managerial or leadership experience highly beneficial
In return for your commitment, we've got some great benefits to offer:
- A market competitive base salary + up to 30% annual bonus
- Sharesave scheme
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on supporting your success
- A flexible working policy you can rely on
- Up to Family Cover BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Up to 25% discount off our brands
We're 1,200 hotels and restaurants in the UK, Germany and the UAE, but we're more than that. We're the 35,000 people supporting our brands every day. The ones sourcing the nation's favourite breakfast, plating up family favourites, and the great night's sleep guaranteed people. We're also always preparing for new openings, looking ahead and revamping our online presence. We do it for our guests, and it's the details that keep them returning time and time again. We could be at the end of their road, their trusty choice for business trips, or we could be the place they associate with big celebrations up and down the country. We're a constant in a changing world, and we'd love you to join us. Bring your energy, ideas and sense of fun, we're waiting and so are our brands.
Meeting our ambitious goals to expand and reach new locations across the globe requires serious planning. It means analysing every little detail, spotting and overcoming barriers and working towards our ambitious plans. Think decision science, pricing, revenue and sales, and you're there. With a lot of doing to be done, you can be part of making big change happen across the globe. Bring your drive and enthusiasm, and we'll welcome you in.
Whitbread is an inclusive employer, strongly believing that everyone is unique and there should be no limits to ambition. We welcome your application whatever your background or situation. We are open to flexible working and, where possible, will try to support this.