Treasury Manager, Finance, Enabling Functions, Milton Keynes
A diverse and challenging role within a small team
The Treasury Manager role presents an opportunity to actively shape the direction of the treasury function. You will assist the Treasurer in all aspects of treasury and insurance including financing, managing relationships with lenders and investors, maintaining appropriate insurance covers and managing other financial risks.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
The Treasury Manager will be a key member of the small Treasury and Insurance team and support the Treasurer in all areas. The Treasury Manager will have responsibility for designing and maintaining the treasury systems roadmap as well as analysing financial risks including liquidity and foreign exchange. Reporting will form a large part of the role, both monthly and quarterly management reporting as well as the year end audit and ad hoc forecasting either during the firm's planning cycle or as part of the periodic funding rounds. The other main element of the role is supporting the insurance function, largely through data analysis and presentation of data as part of the annual renewal of insurance cover.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintaining treasury systems that optimise seamless automation and a robust control environment
- Maintaining monthly reporting processes that provide timely and accurate management information as well as quarterly financial covenant packs
- Preparing periodic interest and net debt forecasts
- Assisting in the management of daily liquidity and foreign exchange risks (including the investment of cash surpluses, arranging borrowings and the placing of FX trades to optimise foreign currency positions)
- Analysing insurance renewal data and presenting to the insurance broker
- Involvement in funding rounds and other in projects that impact the liquidity position or risk profile of the firm
- Responding to insurance requests including confirmations of cover, event risk approvals and travel insurance queries
- Working effectively in a diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
You will be based at our Milton Keynes office, with an option of working part time from home.
This is a permanent, full time role.
Your professional experience
- Able to quickly build strong relationships with a diverse network of key stakeholders, both internal and external
- Comfortable preparing and delivering presentations
- Experience of managing the key financial risks, notably liquidity and foreign exchange
- Have developed a good awareness of what best practice looks like in a treasury function, in particular with regard to treasury systems
- Ability to plan and execute workload to deliver timely and quality outputs
- A mindset of continuous improvement with an eye for where process efficiencies may be made
- Good Excel and PowerPoint capability
- AMCT qualified
- A qualified accountant
- A risk management mindset with the ability to identify and propose management strategies for risks
- Previous experience of insurance
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we're all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more?apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you'll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what's more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We'll support you all the way.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice.
For a full job description please visit our online Deloitte Careers portal.