Yorkshire and the Humber
Permanent, full time
Morgan Hunt are currently working with a housing provider who are looking for a Housing Officer to join their team in Yorkshire and the Humber on a permanent basis.
As a Housing Officer, you will be responsible for providing a complete housing service through the acquisition of new properties, re - letting the existing portfolio and developing effective solutions to manage and reduce ASB across the Yorkshire area.
- Responsible for the existing properly portfolio, the acquisition of new properties and all pre let inspections are completed and paperwork electronically updated
- Responsible for identifying and raising repairs electronically, setting timescales for completion and liaising with the landlord in relation to any repairs
- Completing sign ups with service users, ensuring all documentation in relation to the tenancy is completed, understood and uploaded electronically
- Liaising with landlords and maintenance contractors in relation to housing related issues such as repairs and handover dates
- Developing existing partnerships and identifying new potential opportunities alongside the Housing Manager
- Responsible for the monitoring of deposit payments to letting and estate agents
- Completing property inspections on existing portfolio and pre - termination inspections when required
- Record, monitor and investigate all cases of ASB with progress achieved
- Experience of working within a social housing or lettings team, with a track record of working under pressure
- Experience of working with vulnerable or difficult customers and the knowledge and awareness of safeguarding and professional boundaries
- Knowledge of Housing Management and / or lettings
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, customer focused environment with the ability to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines then this role could be perfect for you! You will need excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to negotiate. Due to the nature of this role, an Enhanced DBS and driving licence is essential.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.