Lending Fulfilment Manager
Why apply for this role?
In this varied role, you'll provide specialised lending business support to Santander Corporate and Commercial Banking, handling deals sourced by the Corporate Business Centres ('CBC').
You will work in the Corporate Drawdown team within Lending Fulfilment in CCB Operations. You will control the post-sanction fulfilment of transactions and activate on the appropriate lending platform before handover to the appropriate Back Office or In-Life team.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role or you have operational experience of lending products and related documentation from other roles, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Deputising for senior manager as required.
- Reviewing credit submissions and approvals and monitoring transaction progress.
- Being the first point of contact for CBC for queries on product specifications, process and documentation.
- Reviewing complex legal documentation within tight timescales, including LMA based documentation, such as facility agreements and amendment and restatement agreements, ensuring correct from an operational/ systems perspective and compliance with Credit sanction.
- Liaising with CBC and Credit teams to clarify as necessary in order to ensure final form documentation is robust.
- Liaising with Relationship Directors and Managers in CBC to ensure an efficient drawdown process.
What we're looking for
- Capability to review and check syndicated and other highly complex facilities.
- Conversant with typical reference rates on lending products, including SONIA (both Term SONIA and Compounded SONIA).
- Ability to take ownership of a lending case at any stage and overcome issues to achieve a successful outcome.
- Educated to degree standard. Numerate, good analytical skills and attention to detail. Banking experience in an operational team is essential.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of lending products and related documentation.
- Thorough understanding of operational risk, including documentation risk.
What else you need to know
This is a permanent opportunity.
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
The role is based in Milton Keynes, Bradford, Sheffield, Glasgow or Belfast.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.