Payroll Team Leader
An amazing opportunity to join an expanding payroll team as a Payroll Team Leader and work for a national organisation who constantly give back to their employees as well as the wider community.
Our client are based in Derby and are easily accessible by public transport and have on site parking. The organisation are looking to expand largely throughout 2021 as well as already having plans for 2022. If you have experience as a payroll officer and are looking for the next step in your career this could be an exciting opportunity for you to join a hugely respected organisation.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a large payroll team of 18 people who run payroll for 13,000 each month and produce 120,000 payslips per year.
The organisation have a proven track record of a fantastic training program and are constantly growing - even throughout the pandemic. They are a hugely stable organisation, which is why this brand new opportunity is such a fantastic role if you are looking to make a move/next steps.
- To ensure the delivery of the monthly payroll in accordance with the agreed processing timetable.
- To ensure all standard monthly pre and post payroll reports and any ad-hoc reports are produced and distributed accordingly in a timely manor.
- To assist the Pay Services Manager to ensure that the payroll controls and monthly documentations are produced and that processing documents are audited and sign off by the relevant team members.
- To take responsibility of processing the monthly payroll and the transmission of the data to IBM.
- To have full knowledge of all statutory regulations, payment and calculations relating to Payroll, keeping up to date with any changes, to ensure correct payment/ deductions are made to employee's in line with legal requirements, and able to give advice, training and guidance to other team members. AS/HR/Cor/2256CP1
- To perform high level administration work which includes information and data provided by the Trust and external bodies in electronic and manual form and in accordance with the Trust polices and procedures to ensure these are processed and distributed to pay officers accordingly.
- To support the Pay Services Manager in liaising with external agencies such as Inland Revenue, Department of work and Pensions, Local Councils, Banks, Building Societies and Solicitors and to provide information as required, and to ensure the Trust complies will all Legal and Statutory requirements.
- Liaise with staff of all disciplines including Senior Managers and provide specialist and technical advice relating to all pay issues promptly and efficiently ensuring a high standard of customer service and a professional image at all times.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in payroll
- Able to manage a team
- Microsoft excel knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team and in a busy office
- Have a proven a degree of competence in payroll skills e.g. a good understanding of Gross and Net pay, understanding of statutory payments and deductions, a working knowledge of payroll systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate confidential and sensitive financial issues verbally and in writing
With the team looking to double in size within the next few years there is opportunity for progression within the team.
The company offer excellent flexible working - you may work extra hours over busy periods and take time back in quieter times as well as being able to work flexible hours on a day to day basis.
The organisation offer a competitive salary of up to GBP24,900. In addition to this, their holiday package is one of the best in the market.