Senior Manager, Fraud
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe's leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work - a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
"We want to make our product easy to buy and enjoy - yet also balance this ease with protecting our service. You'll be building out our fraud capability for our European OTT markets - working with our businesses to develop and implement a fraud strategy that achieves the right balance of customer ease and protection. As part of this you'll be growing and leading a team that delivers that strategy, manages our fraud controls, and investigates and acts upon issues. If you're passionate about media and eCommerce - and want to set a strategy and run a team that helps keep our business safe and stops the bad guys - this could be the job for you" - David Ross, Head of Product - Payments, Subscriptions & Partnerships
What you'll do:
- Set a vision for your area and work with our different markets to turn that into an agreed local strategy and operating model which balances revenue protection with revenue optimisation and minimum customer friction.
- Execute on that strategy. Your team will be responsible for delivering that strategy - from big changes to small - setting our fraud controls and investigating breaches and issues - ensuring we do this in a timely manner and the right, consultative way is key.
- Experiment and innovate. The world of fraud is changing - it doesn't stand still and neither do we. You'll help lead a continual programme of optimisation and innovation to ensure that our controls stay as optimal as they can be.
- Be data driven - lead the build out of proper reports and dashboards so our stakeholders in markets and in our leadership teams are clear on performance - what's hot and what's not.
- Manage the team. We currently have one fraud analyst, and you'll be recruiting another on joining. The team will continue to grow over the coming year, and you'll need to be the kind of person that can lead, manage and inspire, helping your team achieve their goals.
- Work with Technology and Product - our team is a combined product, strategy and operations team which sits in Sky's Technology Digital Transformation team. You'll be working closely with the Payments Product and Tech teams to ensure any platform improvements or new ideas you have to change our systems or websites get delivered.
- Work across Sky - we've got dozens of fantastic fraud and anti-piracy professionals across our wider business. You'll need to build relationships and ways of working with teams across our wider business to make sure we're properly working together, sharing information, and delivering effectively.
What you'll bring:
- A passion for media and technology - it's at the core of everything we do and are as a team.
- The drive to get things done and make a difference, and the calmness to ensure we keep focused on the bigger picture when things are challenging.
- Good balance of creativity and commercial skills, with great communication skills and an ability to prioritise on the go.
- Relevant work experience in media, or experience working in technology, a fraud / anti-piracy team or eCommerce.
- Ability to define strategy, objectives and requirements through interviews/workshops and to improve processes and working practices, balancing costs and benefits when evaluating possible solutions.
- Line management experience (desirable, not mandatory).
- Competency / fluency in other European languages beyond English (desirable, not mandatory).
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experience
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.