Senior GIS Officer
Senior GIS Officer
Rickmansworth WD3, UK
About Three Rivers District Council
Three Rivers District in South West Hertfordshire straddles the north west corner of the M25 on the edge of Greater London. The district is a mixture of beautiful countryside, villages and small towns. The area has a diverse range of sectors and businesses and is a centre for the film industry with Warner Brothers at Leavesden forming part of a studio cluster along with Elstree and Pinewood a short drive away.
At a glance
- 700 historic assets and 22 conservation areas, 77% of the district is in the Green Belt
- 1,914 NNDR registered businesses with the economy providing 39,000 jobs
- Very low crime rate
- The district ranks highly for business registrations and start-ups with a highly skilled and trained workforce, high employment levels with GVA and weekly earnings above average
We are currently seeking a Senior Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer for the district.
- Salary of £33,808 - £36,643 (inclusive of local weighting)
- 28 days’ holiday - rising to 30 days with service
- A generous employer contribution pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Career development
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Discounted leisure centre membership
- Employee volunteering schemes and access to discounted activities and days out
This is the ideal opportunity for a project management professional with experience working with and analysing spatial data to increase their skillset by joining our team and developing a corporate GIS for the Council.
With overall responsibility for the system, you’ll be making a positive and lasting impact from day one. In return, we can offer you fantastic benefits and excellent career development opportunities.
As a Senior GIS Officer, you will be responsible for developing a corporate GIS for the Council and managing it on a day-to-day basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
In this role, you will be responsible for the collection and analysis of spatial data and its integration into Council wide projects. You will manage and deliver multiple corporate and service-based GIS developmental projects, ensuring agreed timescales and objectives are met, including a corporate GIS strategy.
You will also work closely with GIS users across the Council to provide GIS support and training for specific departmental projects.
To join us as a Senior GIS Officer, you will need:
- To be qualified to Prince 2 Practitioner level or other suitable professional qualification or equivalent experience in project management
- Substantial experience working in a technical GIS environment (preferably ArcGIS)
- Detailed knowledge of GIS systems in practical use and online GIS systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications, include Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience in GIS, Geography, ICT, Environmental Science
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2021.
If you wish to have an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Kimberley Rowley, Head of Regulatory Services.
A basic DBS will be carried out for this post.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Geographical Information System Officer, GIS Analyst, GIS Lead, or GIS Specialist.
Webrecruit and Three Rivers District Council are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior GIS Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.