We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Assistantto join our team in Bradford. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, we can offer a competitive salary, alongside solid career progression and generous benefits package!
Advanced Supply Chain Group offer a complete end-to-end supply chain service, from source to shelf, covering all aspects of supply chain management, global logistics, fulfilment and value-added services, allowing our customers to maximise the opportunities that exist in today's technology-enabled marketplace. Using our unique intelligent supply chain model, we design innovative solutions to complex challenges, unlock new opportunities, and speed up and streamline existing processes by removing complexity from the supply chain. It all adds up to providing a service that is "Better, Faster, Cheaper" than our competitors.
As our Finance Assistant,you will work as part of a finance team to fulfil Purchase Ledger responsibilities. The key objective of the purchase ledger function is to prevent bottlenecks of supplier invoices that put our company at risk of being placed on stop which results in additional charges and disruptions to the service we provide to our customers.
Key responsibilities as our Finance Assistant will include:
- Working closely with shipping lines and hauliers to ensure that supplier invoices are ready for payment by the due dates
- Accurately process supplier invoices for payment mostly using a digital system but also occasionally they may be a need to process manually
- Correctly set up new supplier accounts
- Updating invoice query logs
- Distributing invoices in query to the relevant account manager
- Chasing suppliers for credit notes
- Liaising with suppliers and internal employees to resolve queries in an accurate and timely manner
- Obtaining credit application forms
Skills and experience required to become our Finance Assistant include:
- Knowledge of Accountancy/Finance functions
- Knowledge of Logistics/Transport practice
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations
- Computer literate - especially Excel e.g. VLOOKUP's can be useful for some statement reconciliations
- Microsoft Office
- Previous and recent experience of working in a similar role
What can we offer our Finance Assistant?
In return, you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which include, a generous holiday scheme, pension scheme, online discounts, development, and a solid career progression programme and more!
If you have the skills and experience required to become our Finance Assistant, we would love to hear from you! Don't delay, click 'apply' today!