Our client, a FTSE 100 company, is a world leader in paper-based packaging, providing end to end solutions from paper to packaging to recycling across a large number of sectors.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Quality Manager to join the team at the company's Northampton site, reporting to the Operations Director.
- To champion, support or lead quality improvement initiatives. Responsible for ensuring that all managers, process owners and supervisors develop and maintain their part of the quality management system.
- To monitor and advise on how the system is performing, which includes the publication of statistics regarding company performance against set measures - PPM of 700 or less, OTIF at 98%.
- Ensuring that customer requirements and expectations have been accurately identified and that the organisation is meeting or exceeding customer expectations and external standards (ISO90001/ISO14001/AIB score of 940).
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Quality and Hygiene team, ensuring the team profile, duties and skills meet with the organisations' Quality and Hygiene objectives.
- Manage the organisation's Management Systems audit programme and working with the site's process owners in taking timely action to address identified shortfalls in performance.
- Personally lead the development and implementation of the Group Quality vision, providing the required support to other functions as necessary.
- In conjunction with the Operations Management team, develop manufacturing processes and associated Quality assurance controls designed to assure Right First time Quality performance to customer requirements at the lowest cost.
- Implement methods for the statistical control of quality where appropriate, ensuring robust sampling programmes and appropriate structure to ensure negative trends are highlighted and addressed before any customer specification is put at risk.
- Act as main point of contact and a source of expertise for the plant on the quality-related issues, including structured, factual problem solving, statistical methods and advanced quality planning techniques.
- Contribute positively to the UK Quality Forum, ensuring consistency with UK/Group standards and procedures.
- Ensuring that customer complaints are less than 600 and that all complaints are closed off within 10 days, ensuring the effective identification of root causes and driving the successful implementation of an effective permanent corrective/ preventive action both personally and in conjunction with other Key personnel.
- Determining how customers' expectations will change over time and what the organisation needs to do to meet these changing expectations. Additionally they will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a customer-focused culture within the organisation.
- Maintaining a constant awareness of the business context and company profitability.
- Assessing product specifications and customer requirements and ensuring that all customer and supplier audits are completed in full and to schedule.
- Considering application of environmental and health and safety standards.
- Definition of the in-house standards, processes and procedures to establish a robust QMS system that is updates and reviewed no less than on an annual basis.
- Supervising Quality staff in carrying out tests, checks and audits.
- Ensuring that Quality 'Tool-box' talks are completed monthly, with full documentation of the process.
- Ensuring that ZOOM is updated and reported in a timely and accurate manner.
- Management of the Quality induction system and ensuring that there is a continued training system in place to identify future training needs.
- Managing the programme of continual improvement to product or services, including management of the completion of the process of analysis of Minitab across all machines.
- A good knowledge of statistics is required along as is excellent numerical skills
- Good Excel skills and ideally Power BI
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good people management skills
- The ability to assimilate and analyse information.
In return our client offers:
Basic salary up to GBP60,000 per annum (DOE)
Contributory pension scheme
25 days' holiday plus Public Holidays