Waking Night Housing Support Worker
Creative Support is a national not-for-profit organisation. We are seeking warm, reliable and person centred individuals to provide waking night support to young people with mental health needs in our supported living service in Wythenshawe with the desire to work and promote independence. You will work on your own initiative and common sense as part of a team. Although working at night, you may be required to work during the day to attend meetings and other events.
This role will include:
- Developing warm and trusting relationships with young people to encourage them to express their needs, views and concerns
- To support service users in budgeting and managing their finances and to ensure that they are able to maximise their income by liaising with Welfare Rights agencies.
- To support service users in managing self medication programmes. To liaise with the service user's Consultant, GP and CPN in respect of compliance with prescribed medication
- Currently we have both a part time position and a full time position available with our waking night team.
Creative Support offers a wide range of training courses and this will be a perfect opportunity for those who are seeking to progress in the health and social care sector as we also offer the QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care level 2 - 5. Although previous experience in a similar role is more advantageous, we would like to encourage the people with the right values and the passion to provide personalised support to apply and work to make a difference. Full training is provided.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Level 2/3 QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Free life assurance
- Pension with company contribution
- Highly serviced employee advice line
- A range of employee discounts
Creative Support is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to delivering local high quality care through a well-established and supported local work force.