Transport Coordinator - temporary to permanent
Temp to perm - with possible straight permanent available.
My client are recruiting for a dynamic, committed individual who works well within a team whilst also being perfectly comfortable undertaking duties with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will be joining a small, but fast growing, Transport and Customer Support team. The focus will mainly be in the Transport section, but will also provide some support and cover to the general Customer Support Team and their tasks.
Working in Transport has a varied and diverse scope of tasks that will utilise a range of skills and give opportunity to develop and excel as the role grows and develops with the business.
As the title suggests great coordination skills are paramount, alongside superb attention to detail. These essential key skills will be supported by excellent interpersonal, communication and Microsoft Office skills alongside the ability to adapt to changes and whilst all specific relevant training will be given, learning "on the job" will also play a part.
Key aspects of role:
• Maintain secure electronic and manual filing systems that allow for efficient retrieval and review
• Manage and maintain existing spreadsheets & logs and create new as required
• Log, check and query as required all Transport purchases and invoices
• Create, run and review reports for/with the Transport Manager
• Communicate clearly, professionally and timely, any issues and/or updates to the Transport Manager
• Review and suggest improvements to processes and procedures to improve performance
• Create and maintain operational task planners for the Transport team
• Assist with managing the Export & Import services with own team and 3rd parties (training will be given - specific Customs knowledge not essential)
• Assist with daily general administrative tasks and planning
• Handle Transport calls and emails from Suppliers, Contractors or Customers
• Inform suppliers on routes and unloading times accurately and on time
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Excellent Outlook and Excel skills alongside a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word.
• Excellent Customer service skills with the ability to present and articulate information both verbally and in written form to customers.
• The ideal candidate should have some form of Transport experience & knowledge in a similar environment. Good geographical knowledge is desirable.
• Be able to work under pressure and prioritise own tasks effectively to meet deadlines
• Be calm under pressure and ensure accuracy is not lost in favour of speed
• Confident in dealing with internal and external customers in a polite and professional manner, especially when there is a difficult situation to deal with.
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30pm