Warehouse Supervisor - Nights
WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - NIGHTS
BRAND NEW WAREHOUSE
DUNSTABLE - LU5
We have exciting opportunities to work for a leading global logistics company who are opening a brand new operation in Dunstable on behalf of a worldwide online retailer.
Have you experience in a Supervisor role within the warehousing and logistics sector? We want to hear from you!
Employment will be direct with our Customer on a fixed term contract for an initial period of 3 years
Shift - NIGHTS, 20:30 - 04:30. Fixed shift pattern of either Sunday to Thursday OR Tuesday to Saturday.
Excellent benefits include;
Life assurance which is 3 x basic salary
Private health care insurance
BUPA medical cover
Perks at work employee benefits
Purpose of the role
- To organise, plan, manage and prioritise workload to suit operational requirements.
- Supervising a team of up to 80 people in peak.
- Allocate loading bays for vehicles in accordance with operational deadlines and booking slots.
- Ensure shift members receive, locate, store, pick, load and despatch goods as per customer operating requirements.
- Respond to any concerns reported by warehouse operatives relating to condition of pallets / warehouse damage / discrepancies. Ensure that these are investigated, and relevant forms and reporting lines followed.
- Complete hand-over report for next shift due in.
- Ensure that daily checklists are completed with check of 'STAGING' area.
- To ensure that daily checks on MHE are carried out and recorded. Any issues reported with these must be actioned.
- Assist the warehouse supervisor in ensuring the adequate staffing of shift, including organisation of temporary labour.
- Responsible for ensuring notification of absence forms / return to work interviews and paperwork are completed.
- To monitor the sheets completed by warehouse operatives and ensure that all the required information is recorded, and procedures are followed. Eg; Name, locations / quantities picked etc.
- Act as an interface between IC staff and warehouse and encourage and promote teamwork across the departments.
- Assist warehouse supervisor/ managers in investigating any incidents / accidents that occur with view to reducing their frequency.
- Assist in induction and training of new starters and ensure all warehouse staff are aware of specific customer requirements and procedures.
- Carry out performance reviews with you team members every six months.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping within the warehouse and yard area at all times.
- To be receptive to training and development opportunities that may be necessary for successful completion of designated tasks or specific projects.
- Comply with Health and Safety legislation, promoting high standards and acting immediately on hazards and unsafe practices in conjunction with other staff.
- Cover the workload of colleagues within the department during periods of absence or peak workloads.
- Undertake any other duties as required by managements that will improve quality of customer service within the company in accordance with grade and nature of the post.
You must have a full UK driving licence and be willing to travel to Rugby for the first 2-3 months of training.