SRE / Go Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're Sky, Europe's biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact - pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you'll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you'll only find at Sky.
About the role:
Site Reliability Engineering develop & maintain systems at scale, storing huge quantities of data. We work with a range of data to enhance customer experience every day and process this in real-time to present our users with information through intuitive dashboards and web applications. We run intelligent machine learning algorithms to predict trends and patterns across our datasetsand automate as much as possible.
We work witharange of open source tooling such as Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, and more, and use cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP. We develop using a range of technology including PHP, Python and Go.
As a member of SRE, you'll help drive improvements and create new functionality on our platforms to provide real-time data, automation and insights to our development teams
- Work with a wide range of stakeholders to create solutions from concept stage to production
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Be keen to solve difficult technical challenges with creative solutions
- Research and develop new tools, technologies and ways of working and sharing this with the team in our regular showcases.
- Creating exciting and engaging ways of utilising the vast amounts of data we hold to help our business users provide better service to our customers.
- A passion for technology with skills in the following areas:
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain software
- Developing REST APIs
- Experience integrating multiple systems
- Experience with GCP and AWS
- Interest and ability to learn other development languages & tools as required.
- Ideally you'll be keen to learn about and use:
- Big Data, NoSQL databases & Elastic
- Machine Learning & AI Technologies
- Continuous integration, ideally with Git/Jenkins and Kubernetes
- Private pension
- Flexible working (hybrid model)
- Bonus scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Holiday Buy
- Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
- 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
- 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview