Production Team Leader
Ibstock plc is a market leading manufacturer and partner of choice for innovative clay and concrete building products, building the face of Britain for over 200 years.
We're no ordinary manufacturing business. Through our principal products of clay bricks, brick components, concrete roof tiles, concrete stone masonry substitutes, concrete fencing, pre-stressed concrete products and concrete rail products, we're committed to providing new solutions to today's social and environmental challenges for the new build housing and domestic repair, maintenance, improvement markets (RMI) and infrastructure.
Many of our long-standing customer relationships have lasted over 40 years. Our customer focus is based on quality, service and consistency and our service-led ethos is one of the key drivers in the growth of our market share over the past 10 years.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Team Leader to join our Ashdown site, near Bexhill-on-Sea.
The Production Team Leader is a shift role which may vary in start and finish times as some flexibility is required to suit factory needs.
You will be expected to carry out a variety of production related duties to ensure that factory and group procedures are maintained. The Production Team Leader must provide the relevant cover for the Production Manager when it is required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery requirements
- Collection and interpretation of production data as well as collection of downtime data and ensuring accurate reporting.
- Providing cover where appropriate to maintain maximum output of machinery.
- Ensure team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
- Ensure equipment is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly.
- Ensure that escalation procedures for quality concerns is followed
- Monitor and maintain all safety equipment, tools, H&S checks.
- Responsible for training of operators.
- Monitor time and attendance (escalating any problems to management).
- Input IMS data, NKD, check sheets, compliance checks (fire extinguisher- fire escapes, LEV, mist air, First aid).
- Ensure effective communications between shifts to maximise factory performance.
- Monitor situations of over-manning and utilise resources effectively ensuring that your shift has enough personnel trained to run and cover all stations.
- Chairing the morning team meetings and chairing the daily production meeting when required.
- Help in identifying improvements and highlighting them to the Engineering Team and Production Manager.
- Encourage and promote team working at all times.
- Identify and solve problems, using resources under your direct control.
- Understanding the operation of each machine, to a standard where you can run the machines should you be required to cover breaks or train personnel.
The Production Team Leader is an important multi-functional role within the Factory Production leadership team. The Production Team leader reports directly to the Production Manager.
The Production Team leader is responsible for motivating and developing their Production team to meet daily and weekly Factory Objectives. An inspirational leader with an even split of machine operational duties and organising personnel and production systems to gain maximum efficiency.
Please note, it is our policy to verify all relevant qualifications. You will be required to provide substantive proof of your qualifications, so that we can verify them with the awarding body.
Ibstock PLC are committed and passionate about building a diverse environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, disability or age.