Sample Reception Technician
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, we operate a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.
We aim to be the most competitive and the most productive service organization in the world. Our core competencies in inspection, verification, testing and certification are being continuously improved to be best-in-class. They are at the heart of what we are.
- Job Title: Sample Reception Technician
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Job Location: Cambridge
- Salary: GBP17,375 per annum, plus other benefits
As a Sample Reception Technician you'll be responsible for registering samples received from customers into the Lab system. You will ensure all data is inputted into the system in an accurate and timely manner in order for the laboratory to carry out the analysis, compliant with customer and UKAS requirements.
- Working as part of a team to register all samples which arrive on site on the day of receipt.
- To adhere to customer requests and process all samples in accordance with these requests ensuring support is provided to the customer where needed.
- To contact the customer if information is missing e.g. e-mail address for the report to be issued.
- To check that all paperwork associated with the samples is correct. Any non-conformity or deviation must be actioned and communicated.
- To print labels for samples to be despatched to the customer.
- Distribute sample information to the appropriate departments as and when required.
- The job holder must be educated to at least GCSE level in, however experience in touch typing would be advantageous.
- Ideally the job holder will have some data inputting experience.
- Good organisational skills and a responsible attitude are essential.
- Previous customer service experience is beneficial along with good telephone manner and the ability to effectively communicate over the telephone, face to face and via email.
- A familiarity with computers is essential including use of Microsoft office packages.
- The job holder needs to be competent with written and spoken English.
APPLY NOW for full consideration, you can be sure that your application will be treated confidentially and impartially, and you will always receive an update within 10 business days.