An exciting position has become available for a full-time Childcare Practitioner based in Hampshire. The successful candidate will earn a salary commensurate with their qualifications and experience, but would typically be in the region of GBP9.50 to GBP10 per hour.
- Experience of working in a pre-school setting
- CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Pre-school Practice, NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Ability to work with parents and to encourage their involvement
- Ability to work within a team of adults
- Commitment to equal opportunities and understanding of religious and cultural diversity
- Ability to write clear reports, observations and learning journeys for children
- Health clearance for the role with DBS check
- Good references
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Understanding of the legal framework governing childcare provision
- Understanding of child development and how to put that into practice
- Ability to be creative and imaginative
- Understanding of the SEN code of practice
- Current First Aid certificate an advantage, but training can be provided
- Ability to plan and implement a pre-school curriculum
Role Responsibilities (not limited to)
- To support the work and beliefs of the pre-school by helping to create an environment that promotes open and equal opportunities for children and adults
- To actively encourage children's progress in all areas of development
- To help prepare the setting for the daily programme, setting up equipment and preparing classroom areas and toilets. Making signage when needed
- To help tidy away at the end of the session, checking equipment for cleanliness and breakages. Emptying bins and replenishing stores/resources e.g., paper towels soap etc.
- Cleaning the environment and equipment as necessary
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times
- To carry out actions and necessary paperwork (incident reports, risk assessments, first aid logs, cleaning logs etc.) in order to ensure that any problems are rectified and not ignored, informing your manager if appropriate
- To ensure that any information received concerning the children is kept confidential at all times and is shared with the appropriate people on a need-to-know basis
- To be responsible for keeping the individual record file for each of the children in the key person group
- To attend and prepare for the three parent time sessions held throughout the year
- Paperwork is filed in the correct manner and is filed away in the relevant secure place
- Involved in curriculum planning
- Toileting children and changing nappies
Established in 1997, our client started as a playgroup and quickly became one of the first providers of Afterschool Care in Farnborough and now operates a well-respected, full-time pre school and holiday club, for 26 places with currently 50 children on roll.
They are a team of 7 staff who are driven by a graduate in Early Years Education. The team are supported by their Office Manager, who operates from their registered office.
Why should you apply?
- To make a difference to children and their Early Years education, giving them the best start in life
- The chance to join a well-established company
- The opportunity to become part of a hardworking, dedicated team
- To showcase your knowledge and experience
If you're the ideal candidate our client is looking for, please send your CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords:Childcare Practitioner, CACHE Level 3 Diploma, Pre-School Practice, NVQ Level 3, SEN Code Of Practice, CRB/DBS Check, Childcare