My client, a leading giftware wholesaler, are currently seeking a Supply/ Demand Planner to join their friendly team in their offices in Exeter. The successful candidate will be reporting to their Production Manager and this role would be suitable for someone with excellent numerical skills and the ability to consider and analyse large amounts of data. Excellent attention to detail is paramount for this role.
You will be responsible for:
- Analysing sales data along with other relevant information to create a demand forecast ensuring an accurate forecast is produced on all products that is based not only on current stock levels but also customer orders and forecasts.
- Constantly reviewing stock levels and highlighting stock due for reorder allowing for lead-times.
- Ensure new products are reviewed frequently to capture any changes required to the demand forecast.
- Report weekly regarding stock availability.
- Report on all anomalies and the reasons behind them to ensure all learnings can be taken. If stock is limited produce long and short-term stock capacity plans and ensure the sales team is always aware of any stock issues.
- Understand selling patterns across all sales sectors, ensuring seasonal fluctuations are allowed for. Proactively identify and follow up on significant trends and demand changes.
- Ensuring monthly stock reports are produced and sent out to sales and management team.
- Highlight over-stocks.
- Putting together annual, clearance or While stock last listings as well as suggestions for disposal
- Assisting with production as required.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A sound knowledge of the Microsoft Packages Excel and Word
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong numerical skills and the ability to consider and analyse large amounts of data
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and manage your own workload.
- Although not essential, experience of working in an administrative role would be advantageous.
- Type: Full Time/ Part-time
- Salary GBP25,000 or the pro rata equivalent for part-time hours.
- Death in service benefit upon successful completion of a 3-month probation period
- Birthday day off.
- Free on-site parking