Account Manager & Customer Services Advisor
Monday to Friday- Blackburn
As an Account Manager, you will work in the technical production customer services team & assist in opening and maintaining customer accounts by recording account information and capturing specific requirements for the customer.
Placement of orders on the system and handling of cancellations, refunds or exchanges of products.
Resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint.
The primary function of this Account Manager role with the Customer Service team is to serve customers by processing their orders, providing product and service information, suggesting information about other products and services, fulfil customer needs and resolve product and service problems to ensure customer satisfaction.
The target is to ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high customer satisfaction.
Placement of orders on the system and handling of cancellations, refunds or exchanges of products, et al.
Resolving product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint which includes:
determining the cause of the problem
selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem
expediting correction or adjustment & following up with the relevant parties to ensure resolution
Manage a variety of incoming calls & build sustainable relationships with customers through open and interactive communication
- Identify and assess customers' needs to achieve customer satisfaction
- Included in the role is dealing with hauliers and couriers and could involve dispatching of orders through the system
- Liaising with Planning, Production, Purchasing and any relevant parties on the progress or troubleshooting of customer orders
- Liaising with all internal departments as determined by the customer's requirements
- Handling any basic financial related queries such as providing pro-formas, requesting Accounts Department to forward invoices or statements to the customer
- Contribute to the team effort by assisting where needed
- Go the extra mile to engage customers
- Meeting and greeting visitors and customers on site as needed
- Any other duties required by the Customer Service Department and Company not specifically stated
Skills and Requirements
- Good at problem solving
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent accuracy
- High attention to detail
- Ideally some kind of customer support/care experience
- Good computer skills
- Any foreign language is a bonus but not essential
Customer Services Advisors need to be comfortable in dealing with a range of personalities over the phone with problem solving coming naturally. Some sort of technical head or some sort of grasp of Maths or Science is needed as we deal with formulas and calculations. Other qualities that we are beneficial include:
- Confident at troubleshooting and investigation to resolve customer complaints
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.