Client Liaison Officer
Purpose of Post
To provide a high quality-service to all clients ensuring that their needs are met effectively and efficiently. The CLO is required to offer support to all aspects of non-laboratory/ analytical services.
1. Specific Duties
- Ensure queries for the laboratory clients are managed effectively.
o If the queries are outside the technical abilities of the team, it is the responsibility of the Client Liaison Officer to pass the query onto the appropriate staff member/ department.
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager/ Quality Officer with any customer issues that have arisen.
o Ensure that customer issues are resolved effectively and suitably. Inform clients that actions have been undertaken to resolve the issue and preventing the issue reoccurring.
- Liaise with the Laboratory Manager to ensure that all reports are sent to the client on time. Reporting results as they become readily available.
- Ensure that clients are kept up to date with all price changes and all appropriate UKAS information is sent as required.
- As required, liaise with the Senior Laboratory Driver/ Team Leader with regards to collections and distribution of Orange Boxes.
- Attend and assist when necessary, quality and management meetings
- Uploading samples onto LIMS
- Ensuring priority tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively
- Preparation of Orange Boxes
o Creating bottle labels
o Checking of manifests (final check, before distribution)
2. General Responsibilities
- Have due regard for the job descriptions, responsibilities, and authority of other staff.
- Establish effective, professional, positive working relationships with colleagues.
- Be responsible for personal and team's health and safety at work
- To make the Laboratory Manager aware of personal, professional development needs.
- Report any concerns to the Laboratory Manager.
- Handle confidential information with due care and maintain confidentiality