Corporate Health And Safety Manager
A public sector organisation based in Oxford are looking for a Corporate Health and Safety Manager on an initial 6 month contract basis, the pay rate for the role is GBP170 to GBP200 per day. This role will be working from home for the foreseeable.Role purpose
- Managing the Corporate approach to health and safety legislation and good practice, ensuring health and safety is embedded across the organisation
- Developing, promoting and ensuring the compliance of corporate Health and Safety policies, codes of practices and procedures
- Interpreting national Health and Safety legislation and guidance and using it to inform policies and practices across the Council Coordinating/ monitoring and promoting health and safety performance across the Council advising, supporting and working with other Health and Safety roles and managing the governance and reporting processes
- Carrying out internal audits and inspection across the Council
- Designing and deliver Health and Safety specific training events
- Having professional oversight of Health and Safety matters and providing challenge and advise across the council and its services
NEBOSH qualified (minimum) and hold Technician or Graduate membership of IOSH (desirable - working towards Chartered status) or equivalent
A range of recent and relevant experience as a "Safety Advisor"
Demonstrable experience of the carrying out detailed and thorough inspections of premises and procedures.
Experience of changing / improving the Health and Safety culture in an organisation.
Demonstrable experience of the identification of health and safety training needs and the designing and delivering of suitable health and safety training programmes and sessions.
Evidence of continued professional development.
To be able to provide a pragmatic approach to Health and Safety legislation for managers and the wider organisation.
Experience of planning and monitoring progress of own work load and programmes to meet deadlines.
The ability to offer accurate and consistent advice to staff at all levels.
Awareness of the current best practice in relation to Health and Safety issues.
Clear and sensitive written and oral communication skills.
Demonstrable experience of setting up and/or maintaining accurate and accessible record systems and libraries.