Have a HGV/LGV licence and up-to-date Driver CPC qualification?
Interested in daytime hours (not long distance//night driving)?
Our client has a great opportunity for HGV/LGV drivers. If you want to be rewarded for dedication and loyalty, enjoy managing your own workload & being outdoors and have excellent people skills then we want to hear from you.......
You will drive and operate a variety of waste collection vehicles using safe and efficient driving techniques in line with the clients' requirements.
As a LGV/HGV driver you will;
- assist in the provision of an effective and efficient waste collection and disposal service across various locations within the York district
- observe health and safety requirements
- be responsible for the safety of crew, yourself and members of the public.
The role will involve working within a team that will include waste loaders and you will be required to assist with loading duties.
You will need:
• Driver CPC Qualification
• Driving Experience
• HGV/LGV Class Driving Licence
• Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort
• Experience of using a Digital Tachograph Card
Previous experience with waste or recycling would be an advantage although the client will offer in-house, on the job training and instruction on the various vehicles they operate in their fleet, so your experience as a driver will be utilised and your skills and knowledge base will increase. The rate of pay is GBP11.40 per hour. This is a temporary role for 12 months, with the potential of turning into a permanent position.
If this is you, in the first instance please call us, or alternatively you can send your CV to us.