Cycle Saviours - Cycle Mechanic/Trainer
Job type: Full time 37.5 hrs a week (5 days a week including occasional evenings and weekends)
Salary: GBP17,500 pa
About the charity
Our client is an innovative local charity growing people and community through social enterprise. Their eight exciting enterprises work to 'co-produce' solutions to locally identified issues that have a global importance.
Background to the role
Cycle Saviours is an exciting social enterprise, staffed by amazing teams of young people outside education and employment. They have a mission to save and renovate unwanted bikes, save the planet and get more people on their bikes. They are currently building on their success with sales and repairs by growing our community, education and business engagement activities, encouraging more people to get into cycling.
You will be an enterprising, environmentally committed, cycling enthusiast with high level cycle mechanic skills who is keen to share those skills with young people and others in the community.
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
The purpose of this post is to work with and train young people on a pre-apprenticeship programme to:
- Source, refurbish and sell unwanted bikes and bike spares and repair and service customer bikes
- Develop community activities that promote access to cycling
- Engage young trainees in the work of the enterprise
Ideally you will:
- Be an enterprising cycling enthusiast with good cycle maintenance skills
- Ideally hold a cycle maintenance qualification
- Have an ability to, and experience of, working with young people
- A passion for cycling and the environment
- Have strong administrative skills
- Qualifications at level 2 or above in English and Maths
- Strong team work skills and an ability to work constructively with others
- A commitment to the completion of work and to the achievement of targets
- Hold a current driving license and be able to drive a small van
The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Monday 28 June 2021
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a CHM Recruit page with more information about the position and how to complete your application.
Our client values diversity and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.
No agencies please.