Job type - Part time, Permanent
Salary - GBP21,594 - GBP23,552 per annum (depending on experience & qualifications)
Hours - 20 hours per week
Location - Chatham
Do you want to make a difference to young people's lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Then join Nacro with this exciting opportunity to deliver the Study Programme to disadvantaged learners at the Nacro education centre in Chatham.
We are in search of an inspirational Childcare Teacher for our Chatham education centre. The role will oversee the day to day delivery of the level 1 & 2 vocational Childcare courses as well as supporting all students as a team, leading on employability delivery, CV writing, Interview skills and job applications.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To hold significant knowledge of how to engage and develop student's vocational skills, through the delivery of entry level to level 2 qualifications, while embedding functional skills and ensuring that social development and personalised learning is achieved.
- To risk assess and take the necessary actions in respect of any activities / engagement with service users including personal safety.
- Actively engage with students in decisions that affect them, through involvement activities ranging from providing information, requesting feedback, consulting, to facilitating participation by the student.
- Ensuring a planned programme is delivered to all students, monitoring learning programmes and monitoring students in work placements
The successful candidate should have experience in guiding a diverse group of clients as well as the ability to identify preferred learning styles and engaging with difficult-to-reach young people.
Qualifications & experience required:
- Level 2 English and Maths
- Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above
- Qualification in Childcare and relevant industry experience with the ability to deliver level 1 level 2.
- IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
Interviews will be held via zoom.
Please Apply Online via the button below.