Next is one of the UK's best known high-street retailers and most established online, but did you know that we also manufacture a number of our sofa designs in Doncaster? Our state-of-the-art facility opened in 2016 and with investment in the latest technology, this is by no means your 'typical' manufacturing environment.
Monday - Friday rotating shifts
06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00
GBP5.12 per hour
That's why we are looking for skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join us on the next step of this exciting journey. We're looking for the next generation of dedicated upholsterers and furniture makers. We have a fast paced, team-based environment, producing some of Next's most popular designs.
With great all year-round order stability, and our unique 'plan by model' production system, we give our teams the best opportunity to maximise their earnings. We source great quality fabrics, and you will gain experience in all areas of the operation with our own in-house foam/fibre and frame-making operations.
The apprenticeship is an 18-24-month programme delivered mainly on our site at Armthorpe but with some time spent at the Training company's Centre of Vocational Excellence, in Accrington. You would be working Monday to Friday on rotating early and late shifts and spending up to a day a week on site in Accrington.
Keywords: Production | Apprentice | Furniture | Manufacturing | Upholstery | Apprenticeship | Fabrication | Doncaster | Production Line | Maths Grade C | Maths Grade 4 | English Grade C | English Grade 4
- You may have some experience of working as part of a close-knit fast paced production line
- You need a keen eye for detail to be able to work to upholstery specifications
- Able to commute to Doncaster
- The role is hands-on and is physically challenging; you will need to demonstrate manual dexterity to use the array of power tools and to perform in all aspects of the production facility
- A driving license is desirable but not essential so that you can attend both the Armthorpe and Accrington Sites
- Maths and English Grade C or 4 and above
In return we can offer you:
- Above average Apprenticeship pay of GBP5.12 per hour
- Full time role across operational shifts and training time
- A fantastic working environment in new facilities
- 121 coaching and development
- Flexible holidays and periods of shutdown
- Free parking
- Subsidised canteen
- 25% staff discount on all next products
- Up to 70% off at our staff shops
- Eligibility to join our Share save scheme
Next is one of the UK's best-known high-street retailers and most established online. Behind the scenes we are at the cutting edge of Warehousing and Logistics, employing more than 7000 people across eight distribution centres.