Membership & Visitor Welcome Assistant
Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? As the Membership and Visitor Welcome Assistant it's your role to ensure that every aspect of our visitor experience is going to delight our customers.
This role is an hourly paid, fixed term role. Wherever possible we aim to offer a consistent working pattern, but we're looking for flexibility as it may be necessary for us to alter this pattern from time to time to suit the needs of the business. We'd give you as much notice of this as possible.What it's like to work here
Prior Park Landscape Garden surrounding the Prior Park estate south of Bath, Somerset, England, was designed in the 18th century by the poet Alexander Pope and the landscape gardener Capability Brown, and is now owned by the National Trust.What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you'll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day.
You'll be asked to confidently sell membership and gift aid on entry, as well as work to our sales targets. You'll also be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. When interacting with our customers, you'll inform them of the amazing work we are doing and what their money is funding, promoting local projects or our national strategy.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
To be fantastic in this role you'll need:
- Genuine enthusiasm for working with people
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work to sales targets, and confidently sell our membership benefits
- Good understanding of the National Trust and what we do
- A willingness to learn new skills, and a can do attitude
- Experience of working in a customer service or sales team
- Some cash handling experience
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.