Community Manager - Temporary up to 12 months
Community Manager - Temporary (up to 12 months)
Ipswich (with travel throughout the region)
Our vision is to save everyone. It may take us a long time to get there, but drowning is preventable, and we believe that even one drowning is one too many. We are all lifesavers. We are all fundraisers. This is our watch.
We're looking for the best of the best to be part of our RNLI crew. This is an exciting new role that is people focused, making sure our engagement volunteers and supporters feel part of the RNLI family, and are appreciated and supported in everything they do. You will be helping us brave the storm and empowering our volunteers in their engagement activities, from raising money, creating visitor experiences, developing our retail offering as well as looking for new audiences and opportunities. This role covers primarily Essex, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Some of the benefits
- Salary between GBP30,978 - GBP36,445 per annum
- A vehicle will be made available to carry out your duties Flexible working
- 26 days' annual leave plus Bank Holidays Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary) Life assurance Health and dental cashplan
As a Community Manager you will be responsible for:
- Being connected to the RNLI community in your area and the primary point of contact for all things engagement (fundraising, retail and visitor experience)
- Empowering volunteer engagement crew to do what they do best, engaging the public, sharing our RNLI vision and growing support for our cause
- Supporting volunteer engagement crew to achieve key income, footfall and contact goals and seeking ways to engage new audiences
- Being part of an amazing regional team, working collaboratively to shape the future of RNLI engagement and provide an outstanding level of care to staff, volunteers and supporters
- A people person, that can interact with a wide number of different volunteers, branches, groups, individuals and businesses Inspiring and empower engagement activity in your area, tackling challenging goals
- Able to work as part of a high performing team, but equally confident working independently, out and about in your area
- Passionate about making a real difference for our volunteers and supporters and growing support for our cause
To be considered as the Community Manager you will need:
- Significant experience of engaging supporters, volunteers and the general public
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- People leadership experience, ideally in leading volunteers in a collaborative environment
- Experience of seeking out and implementing new opportunities for improved performance
Please note, this role requires a significant level of travel within the designated region but will also require occasional travel to other RNLI assets including our regional office in Ipswich and our support centre in Poole.
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding; ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting).
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save everyone.
This post requires a valid driving licence.
Please note, the closing date for this role is the 20th June 2021.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Community Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Supporter Engagement Manager, Volunteering Manager, Community Engagement Manager, Stewardship Manager, or Senior Supporter Engagement Officer.