Senior Technical Analyst
With 24 million customers across six countries, Sky is Europe's leading media and entertainment company and is proud to be part of the Comcast group. Our 32,000 employees help connect our customers to the very best entertainment, sports, news, arts and to our own local, original content.Following the success of Sky originals like Chernobyl, we plan to double our investment in original content by 2024. We're also developing a new TV and movie studio, Sky Studios Elstree, which is expected to lead to the creation of over 2,000 new jobs and generate an additional GBP3 billion of production investment in UK creative sector in the first five years alone.Our technology allows Sky customers to watch what they want, when they want, how they want and connects millions of people to content they love. And our online streaming service, NOW TV, brings viewers all the enjoyment of Sky with the flexibility of a contract-free service.We also believe that a company of our scale has a responsibility that goes beyond our business, and into the community. We recently announced a series of commitments to help tackle racial injustice and improve diversity and inclusion. To ensure the commitments are delivered, Sky will invest GBP10million per year across its markets for each of the next three years. We're committed to being Europe's first net zero carbon entertainment company by 2030 - two decades before we have to - and we're an inclusive employer recognised by The Times and Stonewall for our commitment to diversity. About the role:
At Global Video Platforms, we are driven to be the very best at what we do. We are a collaborative department, building, owning and supporting our systems. We embrace the newest technologies and strive for quality at the highest standard. We are the bedrock of Sky's streaming services across Europe and the US, supporting 7 territories and providing the foundations for NBCUniversal's newest streaming service, Peacock. We are proud to be a global platform.
This Senior Analyst role is an exciting opportunity to join us and work within our Software Development Team, where you will work in an extremely fast paced and results-oriented environment. You will develop large scale and high-volume systems.
- Take ownership of the requirement analysis process for particular work items taken into the roadmap - evaluating risks, predicting potential problems, documenting service spec APIs and sequence diagrams.
- As the analyst in a development scrum team, facilitate estimation sessions to obtain high level roadmap estimates and RAID logs, break down functional and non-functional requirements into user stories and present them to the team in planning sessions, provide support during the development cycle, and be able to stand-in for the Scrum Master when required.
- Work alongside Solution Architects to assist the design of reliable and resilient services in accordance to industry best practices.
- Understand how components integrate with one another and how to make those integrations resilient and reliable.
- Be able to manage the dependencies of requirements across multiple teams and departments.
- Mentor more junior analysts within the department and within Sky as a whole.
- Good interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience working with highly collaborative software engineering teams.
- Hands on experience defining and documenting requirements, translating them into technical solutions, and preparing user stories & accompanying documentation.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills, with a clear understanding of what is important when building highly available, highly reliable REST based services.
- In-depth understanding of all stages of the systems delivery lifecycle and of the inter-relationships between different technical areas and business areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and adept at translating complex technical concepts into meaningful recommendations.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for playing a key role in ensuring departmental delivery is protected at all times; being highly approachable and available to facilitate on-time delivery.
- Private pension
- Flexible working (hybrid model)
- Bonus scheme
- Dental Insurance
- Cycle to Work
- Holiday Buy
- Telephone call with Recruiters/Sourcers
- 45 mins call with Hiring Managers
- 90 mins Video Call with the senior team members, technical interview