HR, Governance & Admin Coordinator
- To develop and maintain HR processes and procedures within the organisation that are appropriate and robust, relating to all staff levels whether permanent, casual or agency
- To coordinate processes within the HR cycle, and provide guidance to line managers around those processes, from recruitment, probation, development, performance review and departure
- To maintain relevant records and personal details (both hard copy and digital) relating to the staff team and a central suppository of HR related templates and document
- To support the Finance Team with the monthly payroll administration
- To provide administrative support to staff with the grievance and disciplinary procedures and practices of the organisation
- To support the Chief Executive in working towards quality marks for the organisation, such as Investors in People and Quality Students’ Unions
- To undertake professional development, where resources allow, to develop your understanding of HR practices and employment legislation and to keep abreast of changes
- To act as Secretary to the Board of Trustees, coordinating meetings, sending preparatory or supplementary documentation, arranging hospitality and taking minutes.
- To coordinate the sub-committees of the Board, where appropriate, to take notes
- To act as the lead staff member for Health and Safety administration and to initiate where appropriate policy and procedure within the organisation
- To ensure the organisation remains complaint with regards to national, local and organisation policies, procedures, and legislative requirements. For example, GDPR, filing with Companies House the Charity Commission.
- To maintain organised and effective paper and electronic filing systems, for example both CORE HR and Bright HR
- To support effective room booking processes within the Students’ Union building
- To attend appropriate internal and external meetings, as directed by the line manager
- To support the organisation at peak or critical times, providing practical support at key events and activities where possible
- Ensuring that day to day activities embrace sustainability and reduce the impact upon the environment.
- To undertake such other duties as are agreed as being in keeping with the general nature of the job and its grade