Shipping & Customs Controller
I am actively looking to engage experienced candidates for an exciting Shipping & Customs Controller opportunity in Burton-on-Trent!
The successful candidate will be joining a global industrial organisation, shipping export goods across the globe. My client are a market leader in their chosen sector and have numerous key accounts across the aerospace and FMCG sectors. Their operation is located in Burton-on-Trent.
On a daily basis the Shipping & Customs Controller will report into the UK Head of Operations and cover the following areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for shipping to numerous key global accounts.
- Managing all shipping of export based products from the UK and Far East. This involves monitoring, negotiating and pricing with a variety of freight forwarders and freight partners.
- Responsible for all customs compliance - Certificates of Origin, Bills of Lading, Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists.
- Providing a high level of customer service and with your team - including customer updates and monitoring KPI's
- Managing key account management with high profile spend customers (in excess of GBP1million per annum)
The successful Shipping & Customs Controller will been an experienced member of the shipping and distribution sector. They will either by working in-house for a distributor / manufacturer or be leading a team in the freight forwarding / shipping world. You will also have the following skills & attributes:
- 2+ year's experience within Import / Export / Shipping / Freight
- Experienced in import or export operations ideally to the Far East, Africa, USA
- Strong background in multi-modal forwarding (preference towards sea and air freight)
- Strong knowledge of customs compliance (Letter of Credit, HAWB, MAWB, Bills of Laden, Chamber of Commerce Documentation)
- Ideally degree educated (BA / BSc / BEng)
- Commutable to to the Burton-on-Trent
- Desirable, but certainly not essential, experience of a second language (French, Spanish or German would be advantageous).
- 15% bonus scheme
- 25+8 days annual leave
- Comprehensive Company Benefits Scheme