Senior .NET Developer
As a Senior .NET Developer you will use the latest versions of .NET Core and other associated Microsoft Technologies. You will use best practices such as SOLID principles and design patterns. Working in an agile development team along with approximately 21 other .NET developers to solve business problems, plan, estimate, write, test and document the code.
At MHR we are proud to say that career development is a priority, ensuring everyone gets the opportunity to grow their skills and have a support mechanism in place where they can learn and try out new things.
MHR offers HR, Payroll and Analytical expertise to help our customers work smarter. With over 700 employees working across four products. A family-owned company providing financial independence serving over 1,000 customers across the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Want to be part of something incredible? #OneMHR
- To take responsibly for producing endpoints third party and internal clients can use.
- Mentoring other .NET Developers
- Provide formal and qualified estimated of development effort.
- Use specific design, analysis and language capabilities to provide required functionality in accordance with agreed timescales and to the prevailing standards.
- Contribute/ lead requirement and design reviews.
- Facilitate and fulfil tasks as a member of an agile team, using agile practices (e.g. peer reviews, test Driven Development and daily stand-up meetings).
- Review code delivered by other developers.
- Provide guidance to other developers on the implementation and impact of new features, in line with coding standards and system architecture.
- Contribute towards technical documentation which will assist with onboarding.
- Unit testing
- SQL - NHibernate
- Design Patterns
- Build tools
How We Work:
- Azure DevOps is used to manage backlogs, builds and releases.
- Core hours are used to minimise interruptions to developers.
- Our products are shipped at least every two weeks.
- We sponsor tech events such as Tech Nottingham and Hack24.
- You will be actively encouraged to grow your skills by pursing self-learning or attending conferences.
- You can either broaden your knowledge by learning new skills within the .NET sphere, or by branching out into other areas like Angular, Java or Azure.
- We will actively work with you to help you grow.
- You will be surrounded by experienced developers.
- Market competitive salaries.
- We contribute to a full company pension scheme to help you plan for your future.
- We offer life assurance (x4 salary, with option to increase up to x8 salary).
- An employee assistance programme is included.
- Our sites all come with a subsidised restaurant and cafe on-site, with delicious new meals on offer from our chefs each day.
- We offer Vodafone discounts, making it cheaper and easier to catch up with your favourite people.
- Personal development plays a big part in helping our people to reach their potential, this is why we offer over 60 internal training courses and support our people with external qualifications.
- What makes MHR a great place to work, isn't novelties or gimmicky job titles, it's our down to earth approach working with people who want to do a job they're proud of.
- We invest for the long term, providing fantastic careers for our people and the best software and services to meet the needs of our customers now and in the future.
- With over 35 years' experience in the industry, our ethos has been to keep investing and moving forward with the changing world of work, and we can only do that by supporting our people. We've invested GBP20 million in a huge building expansion project to provide the best environment for our people, to give them the space they need to excel and grow. And by investing 20% of our turnover into our own research and development, our people shape the future of our products and services to support changing requirements on both a local and global scale.
- We're flexible, we embrace change and as we're still owned by the original founders. We're incredibly proud of what we we've built, evolving from a small business into one of the biggest and best in the industry.
Be part of something special, become part of the MHR family.