Crown Worldwide Group currently has an opening for an Administrative Analyst within their World Mobility Customer Services Team on a fixed term 12 month Contract.
Location: Office based at our Ruislip office HA4 0BJ.
Company benefits offered include; enhanced service based holiday entitlement, 1 day's birthday leave, pension scheme, private medical insurance, high-street store discounts and 2 volunteering days per annum.
The role of the Administrative Analyst is an integral one within the World Mobility Customer Services Team.
Principle objective of the role is to enhance business performance by identifying gaps within booked jobs, reviewing where better margins can be made and analysing trends in performance. A fundamental aspect of this role will be to coordinate the billing function and act as liaison between various points ofcontact within the business.
To work on identifying billing opportunities across the World Mobility Customer Services Team and ensure all billing opportunities are captured and not missed. To sustain the smooth processing of invoices to ensure our service partners are paid on time, to analyse individual job costs to identify possible errors and act as a preventative and to have a solid oversight on margins and general client performance.
Administrative Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a related field.
- At least two years of experience as an administrative analyst or similar.
- Further education and certification are advantageous.
- Strong research, math, and computer skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze processes and data.
- Good understanding of financial principles and budgeting.
- Strong leadership abilities.
The right candidate will be collaborative, communicative, and creative with strong reasoning and problem-solving skills.
Crown welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates eligible to live and work in the designated geographical region.
Crown is an equal opportunities employer and are committed to diversity, and to employee well-being, engagement and development.