Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The Day Job
SSCL are looking to recruit a Call Handler to join their busy team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Newcastle Centre of Excellence is the first point of contact for a number of clients and the successful candidates will be part of a team delivering excellent customer service for the Contact Centre.
- First point of contact for customers when they call for HR/Payroll support
- Provide outstanding customer service using various communication methods i.e.: phone, in writing
- Manage customer expectations, interact and display professionalism at all times
- Ascertain the relevant information and call details to ensure right communication
- Take responsibility to ensure continuous improvement in customer service
- Manage difficult customers displaying professionalism at all times
- Escalate issues to the Team Leader/Contact Centre manager
You need to have:
- Customer Service experience and call handling skills
- Good communication skills - both verbal and written
- Good Microsoft IT skills - including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Articulate & able to develop good working relationships with colleagues & clients
- Able to use initiative & exercise sound judgement
We embrace difference as a source of creativity, innovation and competitive advantage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds and identities. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
If you require any adjustments to the recruitment process, to enable you to perform to the best of your ability, please let us know when completing your application.