Digital Content Designer - Programme
An Overview of the Role
Capgemini's Relaunch Programme is aimed at supporting talented professionals back into the business by providing a tailored 6-month programme to help refresh and update existing skills as well as developing confidence. We understand that you won't necessarily match every requirement on the job description but will have some relevant previous experience and a wiliness to learn and further develop your skills in this area. If you have had a career break of 1 ?? years or beyond, for whatever reason, we would love to hear from you!
You will be responsible for writing the content that will help users understand how to manage their tax affairs through HMRC's new digital services. You will work with software developers, designers, policy and legal teams to produce outstanding digital services and information. The material that you develop will cover a wide range of topics and users, so you will need to be user-focused and know how to write with the user in mind.
As a Content Designer, you will:
- Write high quality content for HMRC's new digital services that will encourage people to use them
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Develop content in such a way that it will encourage people who rarely go online to use the new services
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to define the messages that the new services should convey
- Work with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
You will have had experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable (ideally, but not essentially, for a government website).
Experience/willingness to learn the following user and content design principles:
- User-centered design
- Using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Working with content management and publishing systems
While we're a global consultancy, we're made up of supportive, close-knit communities. Everyone wants to get the best solutions for our customers and create the best working environment.
We have a world class software engineering community; we invest in doing things right and have plenty to say on the subject. We're active on social media and for those that want to find out more, take a look at our blogs - written by engineers, for engineers:
Potential is just as important to us as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So if you're not sure you have all the skills you need, but you're still passionate about the role, please apply and we'll see if we can support you.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of ???17billion.
Discover more about what Capgemini can offer you. Visit: