E-Commerce & Digital Shopper Marketing Controller
We have an exciting new opportunity in our Asahi UK Trade Marketing team, and are looking to recruit an E-Commerce & Digital Shopper Marketing Controller.
We are looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, has understanding of the market, current and future, is able to take a commercially astute, long term, big picture and the ambitious view of the business, and create a compelling business strategy and ensure its execution.
You will be accountable for defining the long-term agenda for e-commerce and for building the strategy for our e-commerce business. You will lead and influence the Sales and Marketing function to form transformational change in our digital approach to become the No1 Beer business within e-commerce within 3 years.
Own, lead and develop world class shopper marketing strategies and activations to take to the customers and ultimately our shoppers
- Lead, own and develop the e-commerce strategy, roap map and operational plans.
- Embed and focus e-commerce as part of the strategic planning process
- Support customer account teams with clear e-commerce playbook, insight, training and tools to deliver the e-commerce opportunity
- Lead and enable the conversion of consumer, customer and shopper insights into activation ecommerce.
- Responsible for developing in depth Shopper Marketing "tailored" packages for key strategic customers and evaluating performance
- Be the direct contact for delivering all below the line marketing activity within the e-commerce channel
- Be the ambassador for digital within the Marketing team and lead the shopper marketing planning for that channel during the brand planning process.
- Develop an industry leading ecommerce strategy to enable delivery against key kbi's.
- Set up tracking dashboards for e-commerce revenue across key customers
- Own channel specific project plans which detail all brand activation plans 18 months ahead
- Understand convenience field team enablement needs and develop new strategies and tools to drive efficiencies and added value in order for AUK to win at the point of purchase
- Budgeting and management of all digital marketing
- Work closely with AUK category team to translate category and portfolio strategy into insight led shopper activations to disproportionately grow the AUK portfolio.
Adding value to business partners
- Set and manage e-joint business planning with our key customers ensuring we deliver a plan for our fair share across the portfolio.
- Set up KPI audit reporting across key brands and big retailers
- Maintain the basics for each product line listed
- Work cross functionally within AUK (i.e. marketing, insights, sales) to create a "virtual" team that supports delivery with key customers.
- Help build multi-dimensional relationships
- Work closely with the brand team, ensuring brand communication is delivered with consistency through the line
- Fully understand every brand strategy and how they are translated into customer activation
- Provide added value solutions to arm the sales teams with in their interaction with customers
- Trouble shoot when plans are not on track - the owner of these plans within digital
- Manage complexity through efficient planning, resource allocation, project management
Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Promote connectedness and able to act a conduit between marketing, digital, shopper, category and sales facilitating clear plans and alignment.
- Share best practice across AUK
- Seek best practice from across other AEL markets and industry
- Communication of Shopper Marketing activity and strategy to all key internal customers
- Leadership of cross functional teams
- Proven accountability for delivery of through the line activations
- Established experience within e-commerce leadership
- Established Trade / Shopper Marketing experience
- FMCG experience
- Commercial understanding and experience
- Trade / Sales experience an advantage
- Strong evidence of planning and project management
- Strong understanding around premium brand building and resulting brand portfolio management
- Evidence of having delivered successful brand building initiatives
- Budget management experience
- Strong grasp of how to continuously drive efficiency
- Proven ability to allocate resource to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to translate insight into action essential
- Experience in managing conflicting requirements
- Understanding different channels of trade and how activation works within them, with a clear understanding of the "art of the possible" within specific customers
Technical experience required
- Educated to degree level
- Solid understanding of customer data sources i.e. dunnhumby, Aimia, Nielsen, Kantar to take insight in to action
- Category planning understanding
Key attributes of the successful person
- Change champion
- Can deal with ambiguity
- Ability to act quickly and "trouble shoot" when things are not going according to plan
- Energy, drive and passion to succeed
- Will work with pace and will not tolerate non delivery
- Effective networker
- Authority, gravitas, influence and credibility with key internal and external customers
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Car allowance
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Health care / dental insurance / income protection
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- 25 days' holiday
Please no agencies.