Lecturer in Public Services
Newcastle & Stafford site.
Lecturer in Public Services
Job Reference: JUN20213417
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £24,138 - £34,257 Per Annum
Closing Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021
Location: Positions available at both Newcastle-under-Lyme & Stafford College
Position: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £24,138 - £34,257
In November 2019 Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group (NSCG) became the first further education provider in England to achieve outstanding grades in every area of Ofsted’s recently reformed Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
The inspection report praised all areas of the College’s provision and acknowledged NSCG’s ‘positive, stimulating and safe learning environment’, ‘highly motivated staff’, and ‘learners’ exemplary behaviour and attitudes to learning’. It also highlighted the fantastic partnerships the College has with industry.
To read the full Ofsted report for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group, please visit the Ofsted Government website, select Find an Inspection Report and search for Newcastle and Stafford Colleges Group.
The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 500 students on higher education programmes. We have over 4,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where we work with over 800 individual employers.
We are looking for individuals with the ability to deliver Public Service units across the full range of the department’s provision, you will be an inspiring lecturer who is gifted in delivering varied and imaginative sessions and will have a record of good retention and success rates.
The successful candidate will have experience of teaching on a Public Services course and/or experience working in one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services. As well as your relevant industrial experience and current knowledge, you will have an appropriate subject qualification to degree or equivalent. You will also hold or be studying for a relevant teaching qualification (DTLLS, PGCE or equivalent).
The main duties of the post holder are:
- To teach and assess on courses including Level 2 Diploma Uniformed Public Services, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Uniformed Public Services and the Higher National in Public Services.
- Play an active role in the marketing of the College and the Department through such activities as open days and through liaison with local employers and schools.
- Engage in core duties including preparation, marking, monitoring student progress, preparing reports, setting and marking of examination papers, developing and preparing flexible learning materials.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Has a relevant teaching qualification (PGCE (PCET) or equivalent) or willingness to train for one.
- Has experience of teaching on Public Services courses.
- Has a sound understanding of the theoretical elements of Uniformed Public Service courses.
- Ideally has relevant teaching experience within the FE sector.
- Ideally has experience of working in one of the uniformed services e.g. army, navy, air force, fire or police services.
- Experience / qualifications to teach on HE Programmes (HNC/HND) is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 37 days annual leave (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
How to apply
To apply for the role of Lecturer in Public Services, please click ‘Apply Now’ to complete an online application form. (If you are applying via a jobs board, you will receive an e-mail and link that will take you directly to our application form on the Newcastle & Stafford Colleges Group website).
The closing date for completed applications is 27th June 2021.
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, we welcome applications from all sectors of the community.