Food Service Assistants and Kitchen Assistants, Casual
Job title: Food Services Assistants x6
Kitchen Assistants x2
Directorate: National Memorial Arboretum
Salary: GBP9.20 per hour
About the National Memorial Arboretum
The Arboretum is the UK's year-round centre of Remembrance and part of The Royal British Legion. We are the Nation's centre of Remembrance, freely open to all. Our 150-acre landscape is home to over 25,000 trees, punctuated by 400 memorials that recognise the service and sacrifice made by the Armed Forces, emergency services and civilian organisations to our country.
The Arboretum in one of the UK's leading visitor attractions and we welcome over 300,000 people through our doors each year. They come to explore our site, learn more about the fascinating stories behind our memorials, spend time in our woodlands, and to attend some of the 250+ events that take place each year.
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- The ability to deliver world-class customer service.
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to inspire others.
- Able to work independently to agreed objectives and timescales.
- Possessing the flexibility to excel in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Eager to come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop.
If so, then we would like you hear from you ???.
We are looking to recruit a Foodservice assistant, working on average either 20 or 30 hours a week to work alongside the established team. Reporting to the Foodservices Manager, key responsibilities include:
- To deliver high standards of customer service, food quality, cleanliness and presentation standards as laid out in the Foodservice Strategy.
- Support all areas of activity within the food service department to supply visitor day catering, which includes a 380 cover Restaurant, a Coffee Shop and Satellite outlets within the grounds of the Arboretum.
- To be part of the hospitality team for table waited functions in Aspects Events Centre. Which holds daytime and evening events catering up to and including formal banqueting for up to 500 attendees.
The successful candidate must have proven foodservice experience, good interpersonal and communication skills are essential together with the ability to work under pressure.
This role requires weekend and bank holiday working and some evening work to support Arboretum events.
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking 'Apply online'.
Closing date for this role is Tuesday 22nd June 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. Should you wish to apply for this post you are advised to complete and submit your application form as soon as possible.