Waking Night Recovery Support Worker
Full time / Part time Care Support Worker Waking Nights
About the Role
We are seeking to recruit full and part time Waking Night Care Support Workers to join our service at Roborough House who share our vision for high quality recovery services.
To undertake support duties to residents in line with agreed plans and direction by the clinical team using a recovery focussed model.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve. You will need to be flexible as you are required to work bank holidays and weekends.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide support to residents with daily living, following support plans and working within the Recovery Model.
- To promote residents physical wellbeing through regular health checks, promoting healthy life choices and promoting social inclusion.
- To assist in the development of resident's personal recovery support plans, their implementation, monitoring and review.
- To work towards attaining as much involvement, independence and choice as possible for residents in the organisation of their daily lives, following their individual programmes and operational policies.
- To support residents to integrate and gain new experiences within their local community.
- To support residents to be socially acceptable with communal dining and nurture an environment that is conducive to social interaction.
- To establish and maintain relationships with residents which will complement and contribute to the recovery care programme and create a pleasant and therapeutic environment in which to live.
- To accompany residents on shopping trips and outings.
- To participate in the preparation and serving of meals with residents where appropriate, taking into account residents' personal preferences, choice and the need for a balanced diet.
- To take part in scheduled day activities with residents in accordance with the recovery programme and to actively ensure that residents are involved in normal living activities.
- To act as a co key-worker for a resident with support from the key worker/deputy/hospital manager.
- To be supportive of residents in all areas identified within the recovery support plan with an emphasis on the promotion of a progressive care pathway.
- Demonstrate a willingness to be respectful, accepting and tolerant of the people that require support, ensuring that residents' needs are met and that the dignity of residents and staff is maintained at all times.
- To contribute to the daily running of the hospital, e.g. shopping, cleaning and involving residents to the limits of their ability in all aspects of normal daily living.
- To have an understanding of the impact that inconsistency and inflexibility would have on residents.
- To actively participate in team working and provide accurate and timely written and verbal reports to the multi-disciplinary team or individual residents' clinical notes.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives - this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
CareTech Community Services are proud to inform you that they are a "Disability Confident Leader".
Successful candidates will be required to complete a enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES