CURRICULUM MANAGER - CONSTRUCTION
Come and work for one of the UK's leading FE Colleges, graded outstanding by OFSTED. We excel in offering high quality, technical and professional education leading to professional and skilled employment through strong relationships with employers. B&FC is a major local employer with over 1,100 employees choosing to work with us, we work with over 1,000 employers and have an annual turnover of GBP54m. Over 16,000 students choose to study at B&FC each year.THE POSITION
An opportunity has arisen to join our Construction Department as a Curriculum Manager. This is a permanent full-time position working 37 hours per week at our Bispham Campus. The post holder will be responsible for effectively leading and managing the full student experience, resources, staffing, curriculum design and delivery (learning, teaching and assessment) which delivers outstanding outcomes for all students.
The Construction curriculum area is the largest provider of construction skills in Lancashire and comprises of a broad range of provision including traditional trades such as bricklaying, plastering, carpentry & joinery, painting and decorating, tiling, electrical installation, plumbing, heating and gas alongside HE provision leading to careers in architecture, surveying and project management. Provision spans a broad range of ages from 14 through to adult provision and spans levels from Entry to Level 5 in full-time, part-time and apprenticeships. The curriculum area also serves the local community and employers with a thriving adult programme designed to meet skills demand in construction locally with over 6,000 people gaining employment to date.REWARDS AND BENEFITS
In return, B&FC offers a competitive rewards and benefits package including:
- Generous annual leave entitlement - 35 days plus up to 8 bank holidays (pro-rata for part year employees)
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD) opportunities
- Free courses (subject to criteria & availability)
- Competitive pension scheme
- Sports facilities, including a fully-equipped Gym (Bispham Campus)
- Flexible working hours
- Free 'healthy' breakfast (dependant on campus)
- Family friendly policies
- Access to mental health support and advice
- Free eye tests and healthcare schemes
- Free car parking
- Starbucks (dependant on campus)
- Food outlets catering for a variety of choices, including Level 6 restaurant (Bispham Campus)
- Access to discounted on-site facilities including: Bakery, Office and printing services
- Before applying for this role please read the Job Description and Person Specification to ensure that you meet the criteria for this role.
- Click on the 'apply for this job' button and complete the online form. In order to apply for this role the on-line form must be completed.
- The supporting statement within the online form has a limit of 1000 words so please be concise with your evidence. We recommend you write your statement in a word document and then paste the text into the box provided.
- You also have the option to upload your CV in support of your application at the beginning of your application.