Generalist Advisor 12 Month FTC
Generalist Advisor (12 Month FTC)
Tiverton (office and home based)
Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon is a Devon-based free advisory service that helps members of the public to understand, face, and deal with problems they may be experiencing.
Every year, thousands of people come to us for advice and help with all manner of problems, from managing debt and household bills to welfare and benefits, relationships, housing and employment.
We serve a population of over 300,000 people with around 30 staff and over 150 volunteers.
We're currently looking for a Generalist Advisor to join our team on a fixed term 12-month contract.
- Salary of GBP21,000 FTE per annum
- Employer's pension contribution
- Generous annual leave
- Comprehensive training and support
This is an exciting opportunity for a customer service professional to take the next step in their career and help us provide exceptional and quality advice to members of the public who need help.
You'll be provided with a comprehensive training programme to bring you completely up to speed. Not only will you learn about the advice you will provide, but we'll train you on our systems and processes and provide supported calls and shadowing to ensure you have all the skills to enable you to thrive.
As a Generalist Advisor, you will operate in a key, front-line position delivering our services and assisting clients via telephone, webchat and email.
You will interview individuals in a calm, sensitive manner, obtaining the information you need to provide the right advice to help them make informed decisions, whilst researching their options and maintaining control of the call/meeting.
Using a wide variety of resources, you will undertake research using various websites and will utilise the Citizens Advice Client system, for which full training will be provided.
Additionally, you will:
- Support clients to make best use of our digital channels
- Act for the client where necessary by using appropriate communication skills and channels
- Refer internally or externally to other specialist agencies as appropriate
- Ensure that all work conforms to the Advice Quality Standards and reflects and supports our equality and diversity strategy
To be considered as a Generalist Advisor, you will need:
- Customer service skills and experience which has included face to face, telephone and/or digital (webchat and email) experience
- A strong level of IT literacy including high levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Excellent listening, multitasking and research skills
- Confidence in giving advice
- The ability to write notes in a standardised, compliant manner
- The ability to work from home, as well as travel to any required office or outreach setting
- The ability to work within data protection and safety regulations
Knowledge of the benefits systems including Universal Credit and the ability to carry out accurate benefit check calculation would be beneficial. Basic knowledge of multiple advice topics to aid with identifying emergencies and making referrals where appropriate would be advantageous.
Due to the rural nature of our geographical patch, applicants with full drivers' licence and regular access to a vehicle are preferred.
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Generalist Advisor, Support Advisor, Generalist Advisor and Caseworker, People Advisor, or Trainee Advisor.
This role would be suitable for those who have worked as a Customer Service Advisor, Customer Support Advisor, Customer Service Executive, Call Centre Operative, Customer Care Advisor, or Customer Service Rep.
The closing date for applications is the 30th June 2021.
Webrecruit and Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as a Generalist Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.