Care & Support Workers (Independent Living)
We are an Independent Living Service across York and Market Weighton and we work with individuals with learning and physical disabilities.
Whether you’ve worked in the care sector before or you’re switching career, joining our team is a chance to learn new skills in a role where you can really make a difference to someone’s day, every day. We’ll give you all the on-the-job training you need in your role, along with training and support to develop in your career and gain a transferable qualification in care.
You’ll find we’re no ordinary care provider. Alongside the great job satisfaction and security you’ll get from your role, we go above and beyond what you’d expect from other employers in the care sector. We pay at least the real Living Wage, and can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- staff benefits hub - save money and get cashback on mobile phones, insurance and clothing, along with savings at a range of supermarkets for that essential weekly shop
- healthcare scheme - claim cash back on dental check-ups, physio, gym membership and more
- support for staff through our employee assistance programme
- pension scheme with a range of options
- paid induction, study time and enhanced DBS check
- free uniform and car parking.
About the role
We have a number of Care & Support Worker vacancies across all of our services in York and Market Weighton, including full time, part time and relief (zero) hours.
As a Care and Support Worker, your shift will be varied and will involve:
- Helping with personal care
- Assisting with shopping
- Supporting on finances
- Providing medication and maintaining accurate records according to a support plan.
Ideally you will have:
- Some experience of providing care and support either in a care setting or from personal experience (e.g. looking after family members etc)
- Good written skills
- The ability to communicate and build rapport
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach.