About the role
Whether you’ve worked in the care sector before or you’re switching career, joining our team is a chance to learn new skills in a role where you can really make a difference to someone’s day, every day. We’ll give you all the on-the-job training you need in your role, along with training and support to develop in your career and gain a transferable qualification in care.
You’ll find we’re no ordinary care provider. As well as caring for our residents and communities, we care about our staff. Alongside the great job satisfaction and security you’ll get from your role, we go above and beyond what you’d expect from other employers in the care sector. We pay at least the real Living Wage, and can offer you a range of benefits, including:-
- a variety of shift patterns, for example the option to condense your hours into three longer days.
- staff benefits hub - save money and get cashback on mobile phones, insurance and clothing, along with savings at a range of supermarkets for that essential weekly shop.
- healthcare scheme - claim cash back on dental check-ups, physio, gym membership and more.
- support for staff through our employee assistance programme.
- pension scheme with a range of options.
- paid induction, study time and enhanced DBS check.
- free uniform and car parking.
We have a number of care assistant vacancies across all of our services in York, including full time, part time and relief (zero) hours, as well as day and night shifts available.
Our services include:-
- Hartrigg Oaks: a vibrant retirement village based in New Earswick
- Lamel Beeches: a welcoming registered care home in Heslington
- New Lodge: an exciting new development in the heart of New Earswick, providing stylish apartments and care accommodation for the over 55s.
Being a Care Assistant is a really rewarding job. As well as assisting our residents and helping with day-to-day tasks, you’ll really get to know our residents and you’ll be a friendly, familiar face for them and their families.
If you can build relationships with others and have a flexible approach to your work, then we would love to hear from you.