Key Workers (Part-time)
Key Workers (Part-Time) x2
Based within the Redruth and Camborne area with some local travel
We are Coastline Housing, an independent, not-for-profit housing association owning and managing over 4,500 homes. Coastline is built on strong values of:
- putting our customers first
- openness, honesty and accountability
- striving to be the best
- valuing our colleagues
We are dedicated to providing great homes, delivering great services and employing great people. With an Investors in People Silver accreditation, Coastline is a growing company with a strong reputation. It’s an exciting time to join our team!
Our homeless service supports homeless and vulnerably housed adults, or anyone who is concerned about their housing or financial situation. This includes supported accommodation and community outreach, crisis accommodation and hospital discharge.
We are currently seeking two Key Workers to join our team on a part-time basis.
- Salary of £19,001 - £22,354 pro rata (dependant on experience)
- 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus
- Healthcare cash back scheme
- High street discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have experience of working with individuals in the social care sector, this is a great opportunity to join our not-for-profit housing association and make a positive difference to the lives of our service users.
This is an extremely rewarding role where you will act as a champion of independence for people across Cornwall and make a real impact on the lives of those in dire need.
As a Key Worker, you will be responsible for managing a caseload of individuals who are experiencing homelessness and/or have complex needs.
You will provide individualised, strength-based support within the Psychologically Informed Environments and Trauma Informed Care frameworks.
In this varied and fulfilling role where no two days are ever the same, you will:
- Provide support and assistance to service users
- Provide reactive and responsive support to clients at the point of crisis or emergency
- Ensure safe, effective communication of individuals’ information internally and externally
- Contribute to safeguarding and the development of supportive environments
- Develop excellent relationships with colleagues, clients, volunteers and external agencies
- Act as a champion of independence
To join us as a Key Worker, you will need:
- Experience of working with individuals in the social care sector
- Experience of working within a quality assurance framework
- Experience of team and multi-agency working
- Experience of working with people with mental health and/or substance misuse support needs
- An understanding of Psychologically Informed Environments and Trauma Informed Care approaches
- An awareness of Health and Safety issues
- An understanding of confidentiality issues
- A good standard of education
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Proficient IT skills including Office
- A full, valid driving licence and access to a vehicle
Knowledge of the alcohol and/or substance use treatment system and criminal justice system in Cornwall would be desirable. An understanding of a recovery-oriented approach to support delivery would also be advantageous, as would experience of conducting needs and risk assessments.
A qualification in a relevant field would be equally beneficial.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 20th June 2021 with interviews scheduled for Wednesday 30th June 2021.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Other organisations may call this role Support Worker, Caseworker, Homelessness Support Worker, Social Care Worker, or Social Worker.
We have one role working 21.5 hours and the following days:
Sunday 9.30 – 16.30
Monday 8.30 – 16.30
Tuesday 15.00 – 23.00
And another role working 21.5 hours and the following days:
Monday 15.00 – 23.00
Tuesday 10.00 – 17.00
Saturday 15.00 – 23.00
Webrecruit and Coastline Housing are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Key Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.