Partnerships Business Development Manager
Working within our Commercial partnerships Team the Strategic Business Development Manager will be responsible for pitching new ventures to commercial partners and seeing those ventures through to launch.
We have an ambitious schedule of new venture launches across a range of categories and we need someone to research those markets, identify potential commercial partners, pitch and win those we have selected and then work with those partners and resource within our business to move to launch.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
Researching target categories, main players - established and challenger brands, and potential partners
Presenting partner options back to the business in the context of the venture requirements and helping to shortlist
Pitching target partners, the venture and commercials
Bringing back to the business any learnings that may help to optimise the plan
Winning business and on-boarding partners including handling contractual negotiations, contracts etc
Working with the partner and the business to move to launch, working with Managers to ensure that the venture is supported by the business and that the launch plan is created and executed against the KPIs
Building strong working relationships with and supporting all areas of the business including Editorial, Legal,
Planning, Trading, Publishing, Finance, Ad Ops and
Invention to drive revenues and profitability, as well as the wider Reach Plc business
Ongoing account management
The ideal candidate
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who is strong commercially and has experience of securing partnership revenue deals previously before (5 years +
- A great communicator at all levels
- Able to understand, develop and implement different commercial models
- Range in terms of industry experience and the ability to immerse yourself in new industries
- Strong analytically, with the ability to support thinking with data
- Great networker
- Entrepreneurial and creative mind/ Effective operator, gets things done well and with good pace
- An advocate of our culture, personifying Reach Solutions principles and behaviors including Collaboration,
- Imagination, Determination, Excellence & Professionalism
- Strong working knowledge of the Reach Plc portfolio
- Understanding of how Reach Solutions products fit into wider UK media marketplace
We are offering a highly competitive salary and full company benefits including;
- Company bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Simply Health Healthcare
- Holiday purchase scheme
- and lots of high street discounts!
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.